Keto diet meal plan pdf is a guide for beginners to create daily menu based on the rules of ketogenic diet. Keto diet is another name of ketogenic diet, a type of diet that cuts carbohydrate intake and replaces it with fats. In general, keto diet is like low-carb diet or Atkins diet. The difference is that keto diet uses high fats to replace the loosing carbohydrate. When a body don’t have enough carb to burn, it will burn fats for the energy. This kind of metabolism is called ketosis because the liver will change the fats into ketones in order to provide the energy for the brain and other organs.
Standard keto diet consists of very low carb (5%), moderate protein (20%), and high fats (75%).
Cyclical keto diet. It is standard keto diet that is followed by high carb diet in particular cycle which is 5 days keto diet followed by 2 days high-carb diet. It is usually adopted by athletes or bodybuilders.
High-protein keto diet consists of very low carb (5%), high protein (35%), and high fats (60%).
Targeted keto diet. If necessary, individuals who practice this diet are allowed to add carbs.
Keto diet meal plan pdf: what to choose and what to avoid
Foods to avoid
- Sugary foods and beverages such as cakes, cookies, candy, soda, ice cream, lemonade, smoothies, milkshake, etc.
- Grains and starches such as pasta, wheat, cereal, bread, rice, etc.
- All fruits.
- Pulses such as lentils, beans, peas, etc.
- Root vegetables such as potato, yam, sweet potato, carrot, beet, etc.
- Sauces that contain of sugar
- Saturated fats such as vegetable oil, etc.
- Industrially processed diet products because they often contain low-fat and high-sugar.
Foods to choose
- Proteins such as red meat, poultry, bacon, ham, sausage, etc.
- Fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, sardines, tuna, etc.
- Pastured eggs.
- Butter and cream.
- Homemade cheeses.
- Nuts such as almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, etc.
- Seeds such as flaxseeds, chia seeds, etc.
- Unsaturated oils such as virgin coconut oil, virgin olive oil, etc.
- Condiments such as salt, pepper, and spices.
- Herbs such as basil, bay leaf, sage, etc.
- Green leafy vegetables and low-carb veggies such as tomatoes, onions, etc.
Tips when creating keto diet meal plan pdf
- If you feel lack of calories, you can add more fats on the menu such as nuts, olive oil, butter, etc.
- Rotate vegetables and meats occasionally to make sure your nutrition is complete.
- Eat healthy snacks from meats, boiled eggs, dark chocolate, cheese, and nuts in between meals.
- Choose meat-, poultry-, or fish-based dish when eating out.
- Take mineral supplements to balance the minerals inside your body.
- Ask your doctor or nutrition before you create keto diet meal plan pdf.